Sandy Sunset

Perched on the brow of a sand dune I am typing this. My hands are cold from the wind but without the wind, this sand dune would not exist.
It migrates across the highway behind us, which is where we jumped out the taxis and scrambled up the ever-shifting dune.
About five minutes before the sun dipped below the horizon, the birds grouped and went Hitchcock. They swooped and dived and danced in the sky with their waltz. But, they are so graceful and I glance up at the thousands of them drifting and gliding above the forever breaking waves of the grandiose Pacific Ocean, wondering how their view differs.
And this Ocean is unlike any others: its unbroken expanse spreads over half our world.
The distance is incomprehensible.

The wind picks up.
It picks up the sand.
And now.
What is on our menu.
Brie and sand.
Chilean sparkling wine and sand.
Grapes and sand.

I think I will be finding sand forever.

Valpo, jueves el 13 de diciembre 2018

Comments

Popular Posts